Version 3.6.7 (May 2013)
- Improved expression evaluator to handle South African formatting with spaces in numbers
- Encode invalid XML characters in old bookkeeping3 backup files before restore
Version 3.6.5 (March 2013)
- Added phone numbers to debtors and creditors reports
- Added cheques written report
Version 3.6.4 (February 2013)
- Added Chart of Accounts summary report.
- Added Job Summary report to summarise job activities in the period by account.
- Show sale part numbers and purchase part numbers on inventory lists.
- Search inventory lists by own part number (SKU), sale part number, or purchase part number.
- Show sale part number on sale item screen. Show purchase part number of purchase item screen.
- Renamed Income Statement to Profit & Loss Statement
- Set the company logo on the Book Details screen using the Camera
- Selecting the company logo from the photo library or camera sets it to be used on invoices, orders, and quotes.
- Dismiss the company logo picker popover once an image has been selected.
- Don't incorrectly append .png to the name of the company logo.
Version 3.6.3 (January 2013)
- Added bulk Supplier Statements report
- Prevent creating a reconciliation for a date that is in a locked period when a reconciliation is created the day after the locked period.
- Fixed problem calculating inventory balance when closing book when there are purchases and sales from before the opening balance date of the inventory item still in the book.
Version 3.6.2 (December 2012)
- Added a running balance column to detailed aged debtors and detailed aged creditors reports
- Allow for pro-rata calculations of fixed amounts on salary entitlements
- Allow for upper/lower boundaries for fixed amounts on salary entitlements
- Show 'Recur Journal' instead of 'Duplicate Journal' when the journal is recurring
- Allow the extCustomerNumber and extVendorNumber fields to be used as synonyms on import and export of data
- Highlight if an employee entitlement has not been configured correctly
- Update the title when a sale or purchase is duplicated
- Copy the journal type when duplicating a journal
- Fixed iOS 6.0 bug that caused the keyboard to not disappear in some instances
- Fixed import/export of inventory to include links to customer and supplier record details
- Fixed so that edited value is accepted if a switch is changed without dismissing the keyboard
- Fixed iOS 6.0 compatibility issue with Contacts privacy settings
- Fixed crash on receipt item and payment item when using add new item
Version 3.6.1 (November 2012)
- Sort cheque and deposit book lists with newest transactions first
- Added the ability to enter withholding amounts on cheque book and deposit book screens
- Allow help files to be printed and emailed
- Access any old quick entries directly from the general journals screen
- Simplified the general journal screen
- Show the type of journal entry in the general journals screen
- Moved the order sheet screen from the Quick Entry menu to the Inventory menu
- Added more default currency codes
- Changed menu for landscape orientation on iPhone/iPod touch to have 3 columns
- Do not show inactive system account with no transactions
- Add a new account directly from the account screen
- Select the type of account to create when adding an account from chart of accounts
- Show whether a sale is an adjustment on the sales screen
- Show whether a purchase is an adjustment on the purchases screen
- Improved functionality of adjustments to cater for more cases
- Aggregate adjustments to quantities on the packing slip
- Show adjustments separately on the customer menu
- Show adjustments separately on the supplier menu
- Allow deleting receipt/payment that has an overpayment
- Do not default the tax code name or percentage value when creating new tax codes
- New completion button (tick) to complete a quick entry
- Allow immediate payment of foreign currency sales to a local currency bank account
- Allow immediate payment of foreign currency purchases to a local currency bank account
- Reinstated the counters for Sales, Receipts, etc and improved the performance.
- Fixed the date field on check and deposit book to use default date
- Fixed cheque and deposit book lists to display correctly when no cheque number is entered
- Show a message when emailing or printing cannot be done
- Improved help message for quick entry screens
- Do not show the accounts toolbar item on the chart of accounts screen
- Updated the color of the text entry dialog to match the color scheme
- Navigate directly from sale to receipt if there is only one receipt for the sale
- Navigate directly from purchase to payment if there is only one payment for the purchase
- Remove the warning if there are no tax codes configured
- Allow tax code accounts to be made inactive
- 'Quick Salary' is now 'Salary Payment'
- 'Quick Bank Transfer' is now 'Bank Transfer'
- 'Quick Miscellaneous Receipt' is now 'Bank Receipt'
- 'Quick Miscellaneous Payment' is now 'Bank Payment'
- 'Quick Share Sale' is now 'Share Sale'
- 'Quick Dividend Receipt' is now 'Dividend Receipt'
- 'Quick Share Purchase' is now 'Share Purchase'
- 'Quick Order Sheet' is now 'Order Sheet'
Version 3.6.0 (October 2012)
- Mark customers and suppliers as inactive to hide from selection screens.
- Select used modules (e.g. inventory) to hide unused menu items, fields, and reports.
- Search/Filter bar now defaults to searching when the search button is pressed.
- Current Balance screen now shows all active accounts regardless of the balance.
- Current P&L screen now shows all active accounts regardless of the balance.
- Added more default currency codes to new books.
- Removed deprecated "use popovers by default" app setting.
- Fixed screen layout problems on iPad using iOS 6.0
- Fixed crash when access to Contacts is denied in iOS 6.0.
- Fixed crash in Customer Statements when transaction had no amount specified.
- Fixed occasional crash due to memory cleanup task.
- Fixed crash when exporting account details with no name specified.
- Fixed problem with Inventory Turnover Statement for transactions in prior years.
Version 3.5.8 (October 2012)
- Allow for non-standard financial periods (e.g. 6 months, 18 months)
- Added bulk customer statements report to produce statements for all customers
- Do not update contact details if contact is not linked when selected
- Updated for iPhone5
- Minimum iOS version now 5.1
- Bug Fix: Fixed bug in the new dropbox integration
- Bug Fix: Fixed bug in export data screen that caused a crash when export failed
- Bug Fix: Fixed bug calculating due dates that fall on February 29th
Version 3.5.7 (September 2012)
- Updated Dropbox integration (old integration ceases to function 1-Dec-2012)
- Updated bank import facility to allow selecting the decimal separator
- Added selection of address formats for the bottom of invoices (in invoice settings)
Version 3.5.6 (July 2012)
- Fixed a bug in Receipt screen and Payment screen that causes a crash under some circumstances
- Updated icons
Version 3.5.5 (June 2012)
- Added 'Open With' functionality to the document preview window
- Changed required field color from Red to Yellow
- Allow start up from any orientation
- Updated with retina display images
- Updated about screen to provide direct link for providing reviews
- Improved speed of opening Book Details screen
- Fixed crash during import of contact information from contacts application
- Fixed memory related crash problems
- Fixed problem that caused popover to appear blank if the keyboard was previously present
- Fixed import of COMSEC bank transaction files
Version 3.5.4 (May 2012)
- Removed redundant template button from the toolbar
- Fixed the highlighting of important fields on the employee entitlements screen
- Fixed Salary Statement so that it does not crash if the entitlement description was not filled in
- Handle fetch from nil managed object context gracefully
- Improved CrashReporter information to help pinpoint problems
- Bug fixes relating to timers and background tasks
- Fixed bug relating to account balances when prior transactions are entered before the opening balance is entered
- Fixed bug to allow WePrint to work again
- Fixed bug when journal is not entered correctly it was causing a crash
- Fixed problem with filtering lists that sometimes caused a crash
- Fixed bug relating to deallocating screen twice causing a crash under rare circumstances
- Fixed bug with Cash Flow Statement causing a crash when the debit or credit amount was not entered
- Fixed bug with WebDav when a host without a port number was entered
- Fixed bug in bank statement import when a data file had the wrong number of columns on the second row it caused a crash
- Fixed bug in Dropbox screen where cancel would not dismiss the screen
- Fixed bug with a double tap of a menu button causing the screen to be opened twice
- Fixed bug to update the account balance shown on the selected bank account immediately when receiving or paying money
- Fixed bug that bank account associated with overpayment was not updated if the account was changed later
- Fixed bug with crash when associating contacts that have an email address with no type assigned
- Added support for Cirago NUS2000 WebDav
- Added support for GoFlex Satellite WebDav
- Support for numbers specified as +123.45 etc in data entry and bank transaction imports.
- Added application setting to turn the important field highlighting on or off
Version 3.5.2 (March 2012)
- Enhanced job activity statement to report on returns and refunds as well as sales and purchases and journals
- Added important field indicators to the sales tax code, customer, supplier, inventory item, unit of measure, currency code, job, entitlement, tax band, and tax band step screens.
- Fixed bug in sales tax code screen that prevented setting a sales tax code as a group sales tax code.
- Fixed bug that showed the group tax code on the invoice as part of the tax code components.
- Fixed the display of group sales tax codes.
- Fixed the job activity statement to handle group sales tax codes.
Version 3.5.1 (March 2012)
- Added additional checks on bank transactions import before commencing import.
- Added support for Comma, Semi-Colon, and Tab delimited bank transaction files.
- Added customer credit amount to the customer statement.
- Added supplier credit amount to the supplier statement.
- Show journal entries on customer full statement.
- Show journal entries on supplier full statement.
- Relaxed rules on cheque book and deposit book to allow selection of any account.
- Allow selecting the related sale item on adjustment items screen without having to select an account first
- Disallow paid today for adjustments (The receipts/payments function must be used for adjustments)
- Lock financial details on sale item once it has been paid or refunded or adjusted.
- Lock financial details on purchase item once it has been paid or refunded or adjusted.
- Automatically use current exchange rate when setting inventory items for foreign currencies.
- Show the customer credit accounts when selecting a bank account for receipts
- Show the supplier credit accounts when selecting a bank account for payments.
- Ignore summary accounts when checking opening balance date.
- Do not allow selecting a bank account on a sale when there are no line items.
- Do not allow selecting a bank account on a purchase when there are no line items.
- Show the opening balance date on the opening balances screen.
- Setting opening balance on account screen uses the financial year start date.
- Setting opening balance on inventory screen uses the financial year start date.
- Hide unnecessary settings on inventory screen when iTunesConnect stock is selected.
- Removed deprecated message on Returns and Refunds screens
- Lock defaults on bank accounts and tax code accounts by default
- Added visual queues to screens for required fields
- Set default for new book to use full format address and show company details top left and not show logo
- Added ability to set the top left address as compact format (existing) or full format (new multi-line)
- Added a second row displayed from the csv file to provide more context
- Added ability to import transactions directly from the banking menu
- Added ability to select the bank account to import transactions into
- Fixed up bank transactions import when importing ASCII files
- Fixed form based views to check the use popover by default setting
- Fixed superfluous blank last page on invoices under certain circumstances
- Fixed so that if show company details top left and show logo are enabled then show logo takes precedence
- Fixed so that a line is not left for business number in company details if the business number is not set
- Fixed problems with the order of line items when some items have been reorganised and others have not
- Fixed problem saving the currently edited value of a field when pressing the add new item here button
- Fixed problem with receiving all line items to receive all line items in the sale order as the sale items were specified
- Fixed menu titles so that count is not shown in the view controller titles
- Fixed crash when invoking “Convert to Adjustment” on the Returns screen
- Fixed various timer related bugs
- Fixed incorrect reporting of a program defect when the sales tax was null or zero on an item
- Fixed bank account label on Sale and Purchase screen
- Fixed sale/return/refund/purchase/receipt/payment screens so that the bank account field shows at appropriate times
- Fix up layout of Share/Stock Item screen on iPhone.
- Display invoice and purchase order correctly even if the last line item has a blank description.
Version 3.5.0 (February 2012)
- Added support for selecting either 4-digit or 5-digit account numbering for each book (In Book Settings).
- Show the customer/supplier balance on the receipt/payment screen.
- Added total and balance to customer and supplier statements.
- Added facility to receipt all open sales for a customer on the one receipt.
- Added facility to pay all open purchases from a supplier on the one payment.
- Added book setting to lock all account defaults.
- Added book setting to clear all account defaults.
- Show the part number on the sale screen for line items that have part numbers
- Show the part number on the purchase screen for line items that have part numbers
- Dont allow entering the receipt total when the bank account has not been selected
- Dont allow entering the payment total when the bank account has not been selected
- Added verification step to check for receipts that have receipt items but no account selected.
- Added verification step to check for payments that have payment items but no account selected.
- Use the report date format for invoices, quotes, and orders.
- Added buttons to the Share Portfolio menu for Share Sales, Dividend Receipts, Share Purchases
- Added button to the Share Portfolio menu for accessing Share/Stock Items
- No longer display Share/Stock items on the Inventory Items list (since they are displayed from the Share Portfolio menu)
- Removed deprecated html templates facility.
- Added help hint to the top of the Quick Order screen
- Added option to show payment details on first/last/all pages on invoices/statements.
- Added option to show company details bottom centre on first/last/all/none pages on invoices/orders/quotes.
- Show a warning message when the device is running low on memory.
- Disabled swipe to delete on current balance and current p&l screens.
- Added warning to the verify process if an account has an opening balance after the start of the financial year
- Added warning to the verify process if an inventory item has an opening balance after the start of the financial year
- Sort the inventory list and stock items list when displayed
- When pressing the inventory button on the stock portfolio screen show only share/stock items
- When pressing the inventory button on the spot prices screen show only share/stock items
- When pressing the inventory button on the profit margins screen show only share/stock items
- Added Quick Transfer , Quick Receipt , Quick Payment to the banking menu
- Added Quick Salary to the employees menu
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when opening a book
- Updated toolbar logic to fix a disappearing toolbar items bug
- Updated toolbar logic to fix a crash being caused by toolbar items referencing a released view controller
- Turn off the "Use Popovers By Default" setting and make the default value "FALSE".
- Fixed bug in save that causes a crash if there is a null reference to an identifier.
- Fixed problem with backup of multi-line text items.
- Fixed problem with import from iTunes that was using the default amount when the currency didn't match.
- Fixed bug in Quick Dividend Receipt not showing the selected stock code when selected if the stock code has no description
- Fixed display of status when importing bank transactions
- Fixed receipt/payment to not allow automatic receipt/payment for mixed currency related transactions as the exchange rate is unknown
- Place a lock while saving to prevent saving concurrently from two or more threads. (Fix intermittent bug)
- Directly invoke disclosure button on details screen instead of via a timer. (Fix intermittent bug)
- Fixed bug when using image library to select logo from book details screen
- Fixed bug when selecting logo was resetting template to HTML template
- Fixed Close Financial Year logic to handle inventory items with opening balances after the start of the financial year
Version 3.4.6 (January 2012)
- Improved CrashReporter to collect additional information
- Improved import contacts to import the default address if no other address specified
- Added more checks in the import customer/supplier from contacts logic
- Added auto submit of crash reporter logs to support
- Added app setting to turn on/off auto submit of crash reporter logs
- Remember the scroll position on the general ledger list screen
- Remember the scroll position on the reconciliation items list screen
- Fixed intermittent crashes relating to lists
- Fixed crash relating to deleting account that has journal transactions associated
- Fixed crash relating to restoring backup file on iOS 5.0
Version 3.4.5 (December 2011)
- Fixed iOS 5.0 bug that prevented the pin code screen from disappearing
Version 3.4.4 (December 2011)
- Built for iOS 5.0
- Added INR currency as a default book currency
- Added swipe capability to calendar to change month/year
- Improved display of popover in landscape orientation
- Added crash log facility to catch and report problems
- Simplified importing of company logo via the Book Details screen
- Improved stability of the program
Version 3.4.3 (November 2011)
- Added support for the new unicode INDIAN RUPEE SIGN U+20B9 in the Helvetica font for reports.
Version 3.4.2 (November 2011)
- Fixed a bug in general ledger report when selecting an account to generate the report it sometimes displays an error message
Version 3.4.1 (November 2011)
- Automatically dismiss the calendar when a date is picked on iPad
- Added multi line text entry for inventory descriptions
- Fixed popover navigation bar background color issue on iOS 5.0 that hides the buttons on the bar within a popover
- Fixed refresh of US stocks on the spot prices screen
- Fixed email address on purchase orders and supplier statements to use the suppliers email address instead of the book address
Version 3.4.0 (October 2011)
- Placed the inventory item description on a separate line on the iPhone.
- Enable multi-line item descriptions on sale items, purchase items, and journal items.
- Enable multi-line descriptions on invoices, quotes, and orders.
- Added application setting to turn on/off multi-line item descriptions.
- Don't allow a bank account to be used on purchases or sales in the items section.
- Verify if a bank account has been used on purchases or sales in the items section.
- Fixed a crash when selecting a customer/supplier from the address book.
- Fixed a crash that occurs in import sale items if the select file popup is dismissed and shown too quickly.
Version 3.3.2 (October 2011)
- Fixed a bug causing a crash when deleting a book that has overpayments, or when restoring into a book that has overpayments.
Version 3.3.1 (October 2011)
- Fixed cleanup routine to remove old bank transactions.
Version 3.3.0 (September 2011)
- Improved handling of larger data sets
- Added share portfolio functionality
- Improved sale item / purchase item screens to handle differences between Itemised and Service invoicing.
- Added inventory item categories , buy/sell/inventory/share indicators on inventory items.
- Fixed problem with alerts for balances due on foreign currency sales when using cash accounting.
- Fixed problem in accounts screen that caused a crash when attempting to delete an account that is not allowed to be deleted.
- Fixed problem in general ledger screen that caused a crash when the filter was used.
- Bring Debtors/Creditors reports into line with standard practices for calculating at end of day.
- Added detailed aged debtors and detailed aged creditors reports.
- Display the last modification date and time of each book on the books list screen.
- Allow restore from any restore file. Select the file to restore from a list of available files.
- Support multiple backup files per day per book on all backup destinations.
- Fixed problem with the currency symbol on bank reconciliation report for foreign currency accounts.
- Fixed a rare problem that on very rare occasions caused a crash.
- Bank reconciliation report now respects the report setting for whether to display the currency symbol.
- Fixed generation of reports without currency symbol to still use the correct locale formatting.
- Added restore of a book directly from Mail / Dropbox etc.
- Added Quick Share Sale and Quick Share Purchase screens for quick entry of share purchases and sales.
- Added credit accounts to handle overpayments of invoices by customers and to suppliers.
- Fixed some problems with defaulting descriptions on sales/purchases/general journals, and allow defaults to be locked to prevent changes.
- Added account categories to support cash flow reporting.
- Fixed the labels on the book details screen relating to order comments and quote comments.
- Added a cash flow statement to the reports section.
- Added the ability to enter the paid today amount on sales and purchases.
- Added the ability to enter the receipt and payment total amount and have the program automatically select the sale line items to match.
- Added capability to store notes with all journal entries.
- Added capability to read all notes when in read only mode.
- Allow certain facilities to be turned on/off to save screen space. (In Book Settings > General Settings)
- Added setting on tax band to define how the calculated income tax is rounded.
- Added employee details (birth date , tax file number , mailing address) and print these on the wage and salary report
- Added dedicated cheque number fields for Receipts, Payments, Refunds, Journals
- Can now filter the general journal list by the full journal number.
- Separated banking activities (cheque book , deposit book , bank reconciliation) into a separate menu.
- Added a new cheque book screen for entering cash based cheque book transactions.
- Added a new deposit book screen for entering cash based deposit book transactions.
- Separate buy and sell part numbers for each inventory item.
- Set the default supplier for each inventory item that is purchased.
- New quick order sheet screen to generate multiple orders for suppliers from a single order screen.
- Ability to turn off the total value and total due fields on orders and quotes.
- Improved order/quote generation so that lines with no amount but an account selected show the full details for the line.
- By default show selection lists in a popover on the iPad instead of on a separate screen.
- Added application setting to allow popovers to be turned on or off on the iPad.
- Added application setting to allow popovers to be used by default or not on the iPad. (Off = old behaviour).
- Option to show/hide the customers and suppliers toolbar buttons.
- Added "Days after month end" payment terms.
- Improved Tax Statement Report and Tax Statement By Tax Code Report to handle amounts from prior periods.
- Added an alert for when a sales tax link is missing on a journal item that has a sales tax code assigned.
- Added order/quote status to indicate whether quote/order is open/closed/cancelled. Alerts only generated for open quotes/orders.
- Fixed problem on item screens that when a new line item is created with the ‘+’ button that the job associations are not refreshed for the new item.
- Fixed problem on invoice/quote/order where the comment at the bottom in bold was having text truncated when doing the line wrap.
- Put the date at the start of the backup file name
- Fixed updating the option menu when changing the recurring and pending switches on sales and purchases
- Clear the recurring switch when the pending switch is turned ON
- Added display date format dd.MM.yyyy
- Added report date format dd.MM.yyyy
- Added bank import date format dd.MM.yyyy and dd.MM.yy
Version 3.2.2 (July 2011):
- Fixed threading issue in the calculation of the reconciliation balance.
- Fixed 3 small memory leaks.
Version 3.2.0 (July 2011):
- Two level book settings showing groups then items within a group for easier settings access.
- New CSV format for export/import with simplified structure.
- Import customers + sales via the 'Import Data' facility.
- Import suppliers + purchases via the 'Import Data' facility.
- Import general journal entries via the 'Import Data' facility.
- Produce a packing list for any sale (accessed via the option button on the sale screen).
- Override the company name on the ship to address on invoices and purchase orders.
- Fixed bug in Export customer + sales via the 'Export Data' facility that was only exporting customers.
- Fixed bug in Export suppliers + purchases via the 'Export Data' facility that was only exporting suppliers.
- Added a App configuration retention period for the clean up books facility.
- Added a App configuration setting for whether to backup the company logo with the other data.
- Prompt for the pin code when resuming from the background if a pin code has been set.
- Show the receipts/returns/refunds as well as sales on the full customer statement.
- Show the payments/returns/refunds as well as purchases on the full supplier statement.
- Fixed bug on customer/supplier statement that did not print the date on the statement at the top.
- Added customer number to uniquely identify a customer record when importing customers and sales.
- Added supplier number to uniquely identify a supplier record when importing suppliers and purchases.
- Added verification of duplicate customer and supplier numbers within a book.
- Added auto generation of customer number and supplier number from settings in Book Details screen.
- Added ability to change the order of sale line items and purchase line items.
- Added ability to change the order of journal items , receipt items , payment items , return items , refund items.
- Added ability to exit reorganise mode by pressing the toolbar organise button again.
- Added tax display name so that tax code is unique and can be different to the displayed tax code.
- Added verification that the tax codes are unique.
- Added support for import/export of receipts/payments/returns/refunds/pricing groups.
- Search by part number and description in the inventory selection screen.
- Added support for import/export of book details and book settings.
Version 3.1.0 (June 2011):
- Don't show price data on sale screen for line items that are description only.
- Don't show price data on purchase screen for line items that are description only.
- Allow description only lines to span the entire width of the invoice or quotation or order.
- Only show the freight total line if there is freight on the invoice or quotation or order.
- Only show the discount total line if there is discount on the invoice or quotation or order.
- Added the ability to configure whether the reason for the sale/quote/order is shown on the invoice/quote/order.
- Updated invoice/order/quote templates to display 18 character part numbers.
Look & Feel
- Slightly darkened the separator line in the Ocean (default) theme.
Quick Entry Screens
- Changed QuickDividend, QuickPayment, QuickTransfer, QuickReceipt to use the journal description as the ledger description.
- Improved memory use and improved performance.
Backup & Restore
- Construct the ledger as the records are restored instead of at the end of the restore.
- Report on the progress of a restore.
- Added a verify button on the backup screen to enable the verification to be run at any time without having to leave the book.
- Fixed page numbering on general ledger report.
- Navigate from the current balance screen to the general ledger when an account line is pressed.
- Navigate from the current P&L screen to the general ledger when an account line is pressed.
- Increased the maximum length of a part number to 18 characters (was 15 characters).
- Added separate buy and sell prices for inventory items and tier pricing.
- Allow pricing groups at all times (not just for iTunesConnect). Pricing groups allows different prices for each currency code.
- Automatically populate the correct price on a sale/purchase item based on inventory item / currency selected.
- Keep the row location on the reconciliation items screen when returning from quick entry screens.
- Calculate reconciliation amounts on a background thread to assist with the stability and stop the iOS jettisoning the application.
- Support bank CSV files where the debit amount is expressed as a negative amount in the debit column instead of a positive amount in the debit column. (e.g. ING Direct CSV format).
- Support bank CSV files where the amount is positive for a withdrawal of funds, and negative for a deposit of funds. (e.g. American Express CSV format)
- Support deleting a bank CSV format.
- When importing bank CSV records report on the number of records with zero amounts. (These are not imported)
Alerts and Verification
- Added alerts for sales that are missing a revenue account on the sale item.
- Added alerts for purchases that are missing an expense account on the purchase item.
- Added a verification that the opening balances do in fact balance.
Other Bug Fixes
- Fixed bug causing crash when trying to show alert from a background thread.
- Fixed iOS killing app during restore by placing restore in a background thread instead of the main thread.
- Updated toolbar logic to handle all cases of the toolbar going blank.
- Fixed displayed description of sale/purchase on sales/purchases screen when the sale has both local currency and one other currency items on the sale.
- Fixed "flashing screen" issue by animating the status display.
- Fixed when too many rows appear in bank import formats list. (caused picker to be used with undesirable results)
- Fixed saving of changes to the bank CSV format. (now automatically saves all changes)
- Removed deprecated rotate for calculator facility.
- Removed deprecated rotation lock facility.
- Remember the scroll position of all master lists in master-detail relationships.
- Added the ability to register your email address on the About screen so that you can receive important information about the program via email.
- Added more hints for commonly asked questions.
- It is no longer necessary to specify a currency on each inventory item if a pricing group is used instead.
Version 3.0.1 (May 2011):
- Fixed a bug in bank reconciliation items screen that caused a crash when there were bank transactions loaded but no account transactions in the list.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally resulted in the toolbar icons disappearing.
- Hide other bank transactions when a bank transaction is selected on the bank reconciliation items screen.
- Remember which bank transaction was selected when returning from a quick entry screen from the bank reconciliation items screen.
- Default the description on quick entry screens, receipts, and payments from the bank transaction when creating from the bank reconciliation items screen.
- Fixed a threading issue when opening a book or restoring or transferring a book (in the apply updates logic).
- Hide account transactions with different amounts to the selected bank transaction to make it even easier to reconcile bank transactions.
- Do not allow manually ticking an account transaction when a bank transaction is selected (to prevent accidental manual reconciliation).
- Improved memory requirements of the program.
- Changed report headings for reconciliation statement from "Debit / Credit" to "Deposit / Withdraw" to make things clearer.
Version 3.0.0 (May 2011):
- Import bank transactions from CSV files.
- Enhanced bank reconciliation to allow matching off of bank transactions and entered transactions.
- Enhanced bank reconciliations to support foreign currency bank accounts.
- Added auto matching logic to automatically match and create records from imported bank transactions.
- Added support for multiple sales taxes per line item (e.g. Quebec provincial sales tax + GST)
- Added support for triple currency transactions. (Purchase in one currency, Pay in another currency, Record the ledger in a third currency)
- Added alerts screen to show list of all recurring transactions, maturing term deposits, due sales and purchases, and expiring quotes.
- Direct access to all sales, and the ability to search for an invoice across all customers.
- Direct access to all receipts, and the ability to search for a receipt across all customers.
- Direct access to all purchases, and the ability to search for a purchase across all suppliers.
- Direct access to all payments, and the ability to search for a payment across all suppliers.
- Improved Dropbox integration
- Enhanced bank reconciliation to use bank transaction details when creating a new record
- Enhanced exchange rate lookup to retrieve latest rates from the ECB.
- Added 'Always Editing' application setting to default every screen to edit mode.
- Application setting to set the display date format for the application. Support for Australian/UK, European, and US date formats.
- Added invoice payment details that can be printed on the invoice.
- New calendar picker for iPad for quicker date entry.
- Dedicated Dropbox screen to handle linking and unlinking from Dropbox.
- Compress backup files to save space and time required for backups.
- Improved multi-threading performance.
- Reduced memory requirements for backup and restore.
- Added more meaningful cannot delete messages including details of which record is preventing the deletion from occurring.
- Select an arbitrarily named logo file for the company logo.
- Added explicit configuration support for MobileMe.
- Single interface for import/export/backup/restore regardless of whether local, dropbox, webdav, or MobileMe is used.
- Moved the invoice/quote/order comments from the book settings to the book details screen.
- Override invoice/quote/order comments on a customer by customer or supplier by supplier basis.
- Enhanced help to display PDF and movies within the application. Help is accessible from most screens.
- Integrated with WePrint server for printing.
- New reports to assist with reporting the breakdown of sales taxes collected in multiple sales tax arrangements.
- Added foreign currency balances for foreign currency accounts to the balance sheet and income statement reports.
- Added direct access to the ledger from accounts, sales, receipts, purchases, payments, returns, refunds, and journal screens.
- Added direct access to the chart of accounts from the toolbar.
- Added direct access to both application settings and book settings from the toolbar.
- Cache downloaded help files on the device so that they are not downloaded each time they are accessed.
- Removed backup to contacts functionality as this had previously been deprecated.
- Show the tax exclusive amount on the sales tax reports.
- Option to show each tax component on the invoice, or just show a consolidated total tax amount.
- Option to display or hide the due date on invoices, quotes, and orders.
- Default to lower case for units of measure.
- Added receipts and payments reports.
- Added ability to generate a receipt or payments report for a single account.
- Added ability to generate a general ledger report for a single account.
- Added themed displays. Select from: Original, B&W, or Ocean.
- Added customer and supplier statements.
- Improved the entry of multiple sale line items and multiple purchase line items.
- Added quotes statement and orders statement.
Version 2.3.5 (March 2011):
- Enabled support for shared folders in iTunes.
- Added local import/export of data to the shared folder in iTunes.
- Added local backup/restore of data to the shared folder in iTunes.
- Added Hide/Show setting for the ship to address on invoices.
- Added Hide/Show setting for the run date on invoices/quotes/orders.
- Built and tested using iOS 4.3
Version 2.3.4 (February 2011):
- Dropbox is now enabled by default for backups and importing.
- Added support for Airprint printing.
- Fixed bug in bank reconciliation balance algorithm to handle prior year reconciliations.
- Fixed bug in clean up books routine to not prune old records that are still needed by prior year bank reconciliations.
- Fixed timeout issue on backup/restore.
Version 2.3 (November 2011):
- Improved stability of transfer function and now capable of transferring between devices using WiFi or Bluetooth
- Hide/show WebDav settings as appropriate
- Added show page hints Application setting to enable the page hints to be turned on/off
Backup and Restore:
- Backup to Dropbox (get instructions to enable Dropbox functions here)
- Restore from Dropbox (get instructions to enable Dropbox function here)
Import and Export:
- Export to Dropbox (get instructions to enable Dropbox functions here)
- Import from Dropbox (get instructions to enable Dropbox functions here)
Quick Sales & Quick Purchases:
- Improved the layout of Quick Sale and Quick Purchase screens.
- Show an 'Enable Multi-Currency Capabilities' button to make it more obvious how to enable multi-currency support.
- Added the capability to specify a journal line item description.
- Added standard journal line item descriptions for all quick entry screens that generate journals.
- Allow most account fields to be edited when adding a new account from the journal items screen.
- Use the journal item description on the ledger entry if it has been filled in.
Tax Band Steps:
- Default the from amount to the previous to amount when quick adding a tax band step.
- Automatically fill in the ledger description on sale/purchase based on the items.
- Automatically fill in the ledger description on sale/purchase refunds based on the items refunded.
- Automatically fill in the ledger description on sale/purchase returns based on the items returned.
- Removed the calculator from the top of the reconciliation items screen when the toolbar is visible.
- Improved layouts of many screens on iPod / iPhone.
- Increased the height of the text entry fields by 2 pixels to make them easier to select.
- Hide the locked and recon fields on screens when editing a record.
- Added a button to directly access the users forum from the program.
- Added 'Next Hint' button to hint dialog to allow you to see another hint immediately.
- Show a new hint every 60 minutes until they are all shown once.
- Added a screen to list all online video tutorials allow them to be downloaded and played directly on the device.
- Bug fix: small cosmetic display problem on iPhone/iPod when the toolbar is enabled.
- Bug fix: opening balances did not create/update the ledger entry when they are entered or changed.
- Bug fix: scroll the field being edited so that it is visible when the keyboard is shown.
- Bug fix: small cosmetic display fix on opening balances screen to remove the zero amount in the fields when editing.
- Bug fix: small cosmetic display fix on FX opening balances screen to remove the zero amount in the fields when editing.
- Bug fix: fixed critical bug in receipt items screen and payment items screen that causes a crash on iPhone/iPod.
- Bug fix: fixed zeros appearing in edit fields on the expense budget screen.
- Bug fix: fixed employee name on employees screen that was getting cut off at the bottom.
- Bug fix: fixed problem in sale/purchase return when dealing with tax inclusive sale/purchase. the quantity returned was not being applied correctly.
- Bug fix: fixed iOS 4.2 bug that the transition between screens when converting a return to an adjustment did not work.
- Bug fix: fixed journal processing of forex to not perform a forex adjustment when both debit and credit accounts are the same currency.
- Bug fix: fixed the truncation of the bottom of the dates on the books list screen.
- Bug fix: fixed bug introduced in version 2.1 where the edit field did not scroll into view when editing begins if the keyboard covers the field.
Version 2.2 (November 2010 Release):
- Adjusted line height on iPad to cater for more lines on the screen.
- Spaced buttons at the top right further apart so that they are less likely to be accidentally pressed.
- Converted the toolbar to a scrollable toolbar and enabled the toolbar for all devices.
- Added application setting to allow the toolbar to be turned on or off.
Sales and Purchases:
- Hide the locked and reconciled fields on sales and purchases screens while editing to provide more space for line items.
Customers and Suppliers:
- Automatically create 'Undisclosed Customer' and 'Undisclosed Supplier' records when creating a new book.
These are for entering small receipts and payments that you do not wish to track customer by customer or supplier by supplier.
You can remove these customers/suppliers if you don't need them and wish to track everything by individual customer/supplier.
- Remember the debit/credit accounts when doing a quick line item add on the journal items screen.
- Moved the tick button on the reconciliation items screen to the right hand side.
- Added a blue disclosure button to view details of the reconciliation item instead of pressing the row.
- General improvements to reconciliation items screen layout for iPod/iPhone and iPad.
- Fixed a display bug on the Quick Salary screen.
- Fixed a display bug when a bluetooth keyboard is paired with an iPad.
- Fixed some small memory leaks.
- Fixed bug in reconciliation items screen when more rows exist than can be displayed on a single page.
Version 2.1 (November 2010 Release):
- Added ability to print invoices, reports etc. from the device to a local printer using WiFi.
- Added 'Times' and 'Arial' fonts to PDF generation.
- Added report font encoding of Cyrillic Helvetica for PDF generation support for cyrillic languages.
- Added significantly expanded character set support for all fonts in PDF generation.
- Added a timestamp to all PDF documents so you know when the report was generated.
- Write PDF documents to the temporary area on the device so they are not backed up and thereby wasting space.
- Consolidated tax statement now prints the descriptions of tax codes instead of the tax code itself.
- Sales tax statement now prints the description of the tax codes instead of the tax code itself.
- Purchases tax statement now prints the description of the tax codes instead of the tax code itself.
- Debtors statement now shows debtors with negative balances. (where a refund is required)
- Creditors statement now shows creditors with negative balances. (where a refund is required)
- Added new aged debtors report.
- Added new aged creditors report.
- Added the ability to generate an Adjustment Note for tax purposes (Australian GST compliance)
- Added the ability to generate a Statement for invoices to show a consolidated position of all invoices and adjustments applied.
- Added the ability to convert a sales return into an adjustment.
Instant Balance Sheet & Profit and Loss Statement:
- Added an instant balance sheet screen to display the current balance sheet for your accounts.
- Added an instant profit and loss screen to display the current profit and loss for your accounts.
- Displays both foreign currency and local currency balance on instance balance and instant p&l screens.
- Multithreaded the Backup and Restore so that progress is shown on the screen.
- Multithreaded the Copy Book and Finalise Book processes so that progress is shown on the screen.
- Multithreaded the delete of a book so that progress is shown on the screen.
- Multithreaded the posting to the ledger so that progress is shown on the screen.
- Status view shown on screen to show the progress of long running tasks.
- Improved the bank reconciliations screen with new tick/untick button to help prevent accidental changes.
- Quick access links on bank reconciliation screen (iPad version) to commonly used functions.
- Show the current variance of the reconciliation in the title of the reconciliation items screen.
- Navigate from the reconciliation items to the associated journal item to view details of what is being reconciled.
- Significant improvements to the general ledger to enable the instant balance sheet & profit and loss capabilities.
- Immediate updating of account balances based on the general ledger.
- Improved the performance of customer and supplier account balance calculations.
- Show both the local currency and foreign currency amounts on the general ledger view.
- When navigating from the ledger view to the journal item also show a link back to the journal that the item is for.
Chart of Accounts:
- Show the local account balance and foreign currency account balance of each account
- When a new customer record is created it no longer defaults to the name 'New Customer'.
- When a new supplier record is created it no longer defaults to the name 'New Supplier'.
Export Meta Data:
- Added the ability to set the line terminator when exporting CSV data on the 'Export Data' screen.
- Added the ability to export sales, receipts, sale returns, sale refunds along with customer details.
- Added the ability to export purchases, payments, purchase returns, purchase refunds along with supplier details.
- Added the ability to export general journal entries.
Import Meta Data:
- Added the ability to set the line terminator when importing CSV data on the 'Import Data' screen.
- Display a summary dialog of the number of records successfully imported from each category.
- Show more descriptive error messages when an import fails.
- All reports, invoices and export/import meta data files are now written to a temporary area so they are not included in backups to iTunes.
- Menus now scroll on the iPad as well as the iPhone (there are more functions on the main menu now)
- Display current account balances on account selection screens
Import Sale Items:
- Added support for the monthly sales file from iTunesConnect as well as the weekly sales file.
- Multithreaded the import of sale items to show progress on the screen.
- Set the sale date to the end date from the import file.
- Show the forex label as either 'Forex Profit' or 'Forex Loss' depending on which is applicable on screens.
- Display the forex adjustment on the refund screens.
- Show the journal number before the description on the 'General Journal' screen.
- Show the journal number before the description on the 'Sales' screen.
- Show the journal number before the description on the 'Receipts' screen.
- Show the journal number before the description on the 'Purchases' screen.
- Show the journal number before the description on the 'Payments' screen.
- Show the journal number before the description on the 'Returns' screens.
- Show the journal number before the description on the 'Refunds' screens.
- Automatically calculate the local currency amount on cross currency journal items (e.g. transferring between foreign currency bank accounts)
- Added a new 'FX Opening Balances' screen on the 'Miscellaneous' menu to allow quick entry of foreign exchange opening balances on accounts.
- Show the currency code in brackets after the account name if the account is a foreign currency account.
- Show the quantity received on the receipt items screen. Entering the quantity received will calculate the amount received.
- Deleting the last receipt resets the receipt counter
- Show the quantity payed for on the payment items screen. Entering the quantity payed for will calculate the amount payed.
- Deleting the last payment resets the payment counter
- Deleting the most recently entered sale resets the sale counter
- Deleting the most recently entered purchase resets the purchase counter
- Can now process a refund for a sale even if there is a balance outstanding for the sale.
- Can now process a refund for a purchase even if there is a balance outstanding for the purchase.
- Added settings for printing via Wifi
- When setting the backup webdav settings the import and print settings are also updated if they contain the same values.
- Set the tax band step description from the values entered for the step.
- Show the currency code and currency description on the screen.
Close Financial Year:
- Split the cleanup of old records and the close of financial year steps so that you can close the financial year without removing old records.
- Allow export functions to continue to be available even when a book is locked
- Fixed a crash on customers list to prevent deleting a customer with existing returns or refunds.
- Fixed a crash on suppliers list to prevent deleting a supplier with existing returns or refunds.
- Fixed a bug that created the default no tax accounts with the wrong name when a new book was created.
- Fixed the names of accounts associated with the no tax default tax code created on a new book.
- Now automatically set the locale on each currency code where the locale has not been specified.
- Fixed a crash on the import meta data screen caused when an error occurred.
- Fixed a bug in the import sale items from iTunesconnect that treated royalty prices as inclusive of tax when they are actually exclusive of tax.
- Fixed a bug in the calculation of inventory value when closing the financial year so that the value is rounded to a currency value.
- Fixed a bug that was showing pending purchases on the purchases statement.
- Fixed a bug that was showing pending sales on the sales statement.
- Fixed issues caused by differences between iOS 4.1 and iOS 4.2.
- Fixed bug so that tier pricing currency codes are restored.
- Fixed the closing financial year logic so that it sets the foreign currency balances correctly as well as the local currency balances.
- Show the budget amounts on the expense budget report even if there is no activity on that account during the period.
- Logo on invoices/orders etc only scales if it is too large to fit the allocated area.
- Fixed a bug causing a crash if you attempted to delete a unit of measure that was being used on inventory items.
- When deleting a return item with a linked refund item then also delete the linked refund item.
Version 2.0 (September 2010 Release):
- Added the capability to import sale items into a sale from an iTunesconnect weekly sales file.
- Separated the edit button and options button so it's quicker to edit records.
- New icons for the edit button, done button, add button, calculator button, email button, and options button on screens.
- Added pricing groups to set prices per currency for a group of inventory items.
- Added ability to define Vendor Identifier, Country Code, Import Sale Account, Pricing Group on each inventory item.
- Automatically fills in the inventory number and inventory description from the vendor identifier and country code if the number/description were blank.
- Don't show inventory items that are linked to group pricing on the inventory prices screen.
- Added an option to turn off currency symbols in reports. (This is set in the settings page).
- Improved receipts for multiple currencies so that exchange rates and totals for each currency are displayed and editable.
- Improved receipt line item by enabling adding a new receipt line item from the receipt line item screen.
- Improved payments for multiple currencies so that exchange rates and totals for each currency are displayed and editable.
- Improved payments line item by enabling adding a new receipt line item from the receipt line item screen.
- Added quick add button to many screens to create another record without leaving the screen.
- Improved salary entitlements to support pro-rata entitlements (e.g. Canadian CPP employer contributions)
- Improved salary entitlements to support salary deductions and additional benefits (e.g. Holiday loading, Meal allowances, Union Fees, Compulsory insurance)
- Improved salary entitlements to support both gross and net deductions/benefits
- Improved salary entitlements to support taxable supply deductions (e.g. Australian FBT Employee Contributions)
- Improved quick salary screen to show complete breakdown of salary amounts for both the current salary payment and the annual salary payments
(Gross Salaries, Gross Deductions, Gross Entitlements, Taxable Amount, Tax Withheld, Net Deductions, Net Entitlements, Wages Paid, Other Entitlements)
- Added a preview of HTML and PDF reports, invoices, quotations, and purchase orders before e-mailing.
- When using HTML invoices/orders/quotes if a line item has no account assigned then only output the line item description.
- Added recurring sales, recurring purchases, recurring journals.
- Increased payment terms allowed to 0 - 365 periods.
- Added an external name field for customers to specify a different name for printing on Invoices/Quotations.
(e.g. Customer is 'JONES, Joseph' and external name printed on the invoice is 'Mr Joseph Jones')
- Added an external name field for suppliers to specify a different name for printing on Purchase Orders.
- Split application level settings and book related settings. (You can now have separate settings per book.)
- Backup/restore book related settings in the backup file.
- You can now enter and exit edit mode in the reconciliation items screen without having to return to the primary reconciliation screen.
- Optionally show the customer/supplier's business number on the PDF invoice/quote/order.
- Fixed a bug when displaying customers/suppliers list that was causing it to display slowly.
- Display the correct currency symbol for foreign currency displayed on the inventory items screen.
- Fixed yenmonospace U+FFE5 character mapping into fonts for reporting.
- Fixed currency symbols displayed on several screens.
- Fixed bug when invoice/order/quote number title had a '/' character it prevented the invoice/order/quote being produced in the email.
Version 1.9 (September 2010 Release):
- Increased maximum length of inventory item description to 150 characters.
- Increased maximum length of employee name to 50 characters.
- Increased maximum length of entitlement description to 150 characters.
- Increased maximum length of tax band description to 150 characters.
- Increased maximum length of tax band step description to 150 characters.
- Increased maximum length of customer name to 100 characters.
- Increased maximum length of supplier name to 100 characters.
- Import a customers details from the iPhone address book. Once linked: Changes in the address book are updated in the customer record. Changes in the customer record are updated in the address book. You can unlink the customer from the address book if desired.
- Import a suppliers details from the iPhone address book. Once linked: Changes in the address book are updated in the supplier record. Changes in the supplier record are updated in the address book. You can unlink the supplier from the address book if desired.
- Added Quarterly and Semi-Annual payment terms for Term Deposits.
- Added option to not display the currency symbol in currency fields on PDF invoices, orders, and quotes.
- Added the ability to set a locale for each currency code so that the correct currency symbol and formatting is used on multi-currency invoices, orders, and quotes. For books that do not define a local currency the system locale is used for the currency symbol.
- Added settings for all fixed text on the PDF invoice, quote, and order templates so you can customise to your requirements/language.
- Added book locale to the backup file so that backup/restore works between devices with different locales.
- Display the correct currency symbols on the sales and purchases screens based on the locale for the currency selected for the line item.
- Display of currency values uses the locale of the local currency (if defined) of the book instead of the device locale. This allows several books to have a different local currency for each book and still display correctly when using each book (i.e. display the currency symbols for the book, not the device).
- If the user attempted to delete a sales tax code that was linked to inventory items, sale return items, or purchase return items then they received an application crash instead of an informative message letting them know that they were not permitted to delete the sales tax code while it was being used.
- If there is no custom html template to edit then attempting to edit a blank custom template causes the program to crash.
- If a pdf template is selected as the template in 'Book Details' then attempting to load the default template into the editor causes nothing to be loaded. This is fixed so that html template #1 is loaded in if a pdf template has been selected in 'Book Details'.
- Display all 315 Helvetica,Courier,Times characters (including umlaut, cedilla etc.) correctly on PDF invoices, orders, quotes, and reports.
- Fixed various internationalisation issues relating to dates with PDF invoices, order, quotes and reports.
- Display right justified and centred text correctly on PDF invoices, orders, quotes and reports.
- Display extended unit prices correctly on PDF invoices, orders, quotes, and reports when precision is increased from +0 decimal places.
- Fixed the copy book facility which was always reporting a duplicate book error (a check added in version 1.8).
- Fixed the formatting of currency symbols for negative amounts on reports and invoices, purchase orders, and quotations.
- When a multi-currency sale or purchase has only one local currency item and one foreign currency item the logic incorrectly assigns the currency for the entire sale/purchase as the foreign currency. This has been corrected so that it shows as a mixed currency sale/purchase.
Version 1.8 (August 2010 Release):
- New PDF reporting engine to produce PDF documents in text format that are compatible with Windows and Google Mail.
- Added Courier font option for reports. Now supports Courier, Helvetica, and Times.
- Added detailed balance sheet report with current period, prior period , and variance (change) columns.
- Added debtors report to list sales with outstanding balances.
- Added creditors report to list purchases with outstanding balances.
- Added general ledger report including running balance.
- Added page numbers to all reports.
- Removed the 'render as text' report setting. It is no longer needed as all PDF reports are now rendered as text.
- Enable balance sheet to report correctly if books are not closed off but instead the financial year start/end is updated to the next year.
- Adjusted Inventory Turnover Report slightly for where UOM is placed on the page.
Invoices, Purchase Orders, and Quotes
- Added isFreight designator for accounts to designate items that should appear on invoices, quotes, and purchase orders as freight charges.
- Items marked as freight are not printed in the line item section of the invoice, quote, or purchase order.
- Added @@TOTAL-EX-FREIGHT-COST@@ tag for the total cost excluding freight.
- Added @@TOTAL-EX-FREIGHT-TAX@@ tag for the total tax excluding freight.
- Added @@TOTAL-EX-FREIGHT-TOTAL@@ tag for the total including taxes but excluding freight costs and taxes.
- Added @@TOTAL-FREIGHT-COST@@ tag for the total freight costs excluding taxes.
- Added @@TOTAL-FREIGHT-TAX@@ tag for the total taxes charged on freight.
- Added @@TOTAL-FREIGHT-TAX-FLAG@@ tag for freight that has tax applied.
- Added @@TOTAL-FREIGHT-TOTAL@@ tag for the total freight costs including taxes.
- Added @@LINE-ITEM-PRICE-EXTENDED@@ line item tag for the unit price expressed with less than 1-cent items.
- Changed @@LINE-ITEM-PRICE@@ line item tag to express the unit price to 1-cent precision.
- Added @@LINE-ITEM-PRICE-INC-TAX@@ line item tag for the unit price including taxes for the line item.
- Added @@LINE-ITEM-TAX-FLAG@@ line item tag for items that have tax applied.
- Added @@CUSTOMER-REFERENCE@@ tag on invoice templates.
- Added @@SUPPLIER-REFERENCE@@ tag on purchase order templates.
- Updated default invoice templates to include customer reference.
- Updated default purchase order templates to include supplier reference.
- Enhanced report generation logic to handle multi-currency invoices.
- Allow a purchase order to be emailed for a pending purchase.
- Choice of PDF or HTML invoicing, purchase orders, and quotes.
- Ability to configure PDF invoices, orders, quotes via settings.
- Added discounts to the PDF invoices, orders, quotes.
- Added configuration setting to select whether to display discounts on the invoice,order,quote.
- Added the ability to select a particular built-in template or a custom template in the 'Book Details' page.
- Updated the HTML template edit screens to only edit the custom templates if they are defined.
- Added option to the HTML template edit screen to remove the custom template.
- Added option to the HTML template edit screen to load the default template into the custom template workspace.
- Added option on Custom HTML Templates menu to remove all custom templates.
- All version 1.7 built-in templates are designated: Template 1.
- Added new built-in templates (Template 2).
- Added support for multiple email addresses for a customer by putting a space between each email address in the email field.
- Added default sale type (service,itemised) for customer to the customer screen.
- Added search box to customers list.
- Added support for multiple email addresses for a supplier by putting a space between each email address in the email field.
- Added default purchase type (service,itemised) for supplier to the supplier screen.
- Added search box to suppliers list.
- Added customer reference number field on sales to store the customers purchase order number relating to the sale.
- Added the ability to edit certain fields on a sale even if there are reconciled receipts.
- Fixed bug when duplicating a sale set the sale date on the duplicate to todays date to prevent it being created in a locked period.
- Improved the field layout of the sale and sale items screens.
- Added sale type (service,itemised) to the sale screen. The appropriate invoice/quote template is selected based on the sale type.
- When selecting an account on a sale item with existing values, ask the user if they wish to apply the defaults for the account to the sale item.
- Display the currency exchange rate from www.xe.com from the sale items screen.
- Specify a discount given on a sale item.
- Added supplier reference number field on purchases to store the suppliers quotation number relating to the purchase.
- Added the ability to edit certain fields on a purchase even if there are reconciled payments.
- Fixed bug when duplicating a purchase set the purchase date on the duplicate to todays date to prevent it being created in a locked period.
- Improved the field layout of the purchase and purchase items screens.
- Added purchase type (service,itemised) to the purchase screen. The appropriate purchase order template is selected based on the purchase type.
- When selecting an account on a purchase item with existing values, ask the user if they wish to apply the defaults for the account to the purchase item.
- Display the currency exchange rate from www.xe.com from the purchase items screen.
- Specify a discount received on a purchase item.
- Fixed bug when duplicating a journal entry set the journal date to todays date to prevent it being created in a locked period.
- Fixed bug that wrote extra forex adjustments to ledger with zero dollar amounts for some journal items.
- Fixed bug that forex amounts posted to the ledger do not appear in the general ledger view under the forex account.
- Enhanced General Ledger screen to display the amount posted and the running balance for the account.
- Fixed bug that zero amounts (e.g. TAX 0%) were being posted to the general ledger.
Import, Export, Backup and Restore
- Removed the wipe before restore option when restoring; Restore now always wipes the books and replaces with the restored data.
- Added a verification of the restore step to apply any required fixes to bring the restored data up to the current program version.
- Added the ability to export book data in either XML or CSV format.
- Added the ability to import book data in either XML or CSV format.
- Added the ability to export book data: income tax bands, sales tax codes, inventory items, calendar dates, salary entitlements, units of measure, currency codes, jobs, chart of accounts, employees, customers, suppliers, addresses.
- Added the ability to import book data: income tax bands, sales tax codes, inventory items, calendar dates, salary entitlements, units of measure, currency codes, jobs, chart of accounts, employees, customers, suppliers, addresses.
- Fixed precision bug on reconciliations causing reported differences of 0.000000001 when there was actually no difference.
- Prevent changing reconciliation items when you are not editing the reconciliation. (Prevents accidental changes when viewing reconciled items.)
- Handle reconciliation items from prior financial years properly.
- Added support for multiple email addresses for reports by putting a space between each email address in the email settings field.
- Show the email keyboard when entering the email settings field.
- Show the numbers keyboard when entering the master password field.
- Prevent an invalid master password from being entered via the settings page.
- The default setting is now to have 'Separate Documents' turned on so that each book has a separate documents directory on the device.
- Added setting to define the unit price precision to up to 4 additional decimal places (i.e. up to 1/10000th of a cent per unit).
- Setting changes can no longer be made from the Apple settings program. Setting changes are made from the in app settings page.
Chart of Accounts
- Fixed bug to prevent deleting accounts that are required for the program to operate correctly. Previously this would cause a crash if these accounts were deleted.
- Fixed bug that a newly created book did not have the summary accounts defined until you left the book and then accessed it again.
- Increased the maximum length of an account name from 30 characters to 50 characters.
- Hide fields that are not relevant to a particular account type.
- Highlight accounts in chart of accounts that cannot be deleted with a different background color.
- Show on the account detail page whether the account is a system account or not.
- Fixed bug in address selector to display the address within the constraints of the row.
- Fixed the entitlements switch. When it was first displayed it showed as On regardless of whether entitlements were applied or not.
- Fixed the label on the cancel button.
- Added default unit of measure for each inventory item. Used on sales and purchases.
In App Help
- Added some more help messages to help instruct new users to the program.
- Display the "You are no longer within the current financial year. ..." message once each time the books are opened instead of every time the main menu screen is visited.
- Allow addresses to be edited once they are used. Show where addresses are used with links to the affected records.
- When the wrong pin code is entered you are now returned to the screen you came from instead of being stuck in the pin code screen.
- Separated the book name and company name. You can now have a book name that is different to the company name.
- Added a new button >> to navigate to details about a particular field on a row on screens.
This is to support the new layouts that result in multiple fields on the same row having detail navigation requirements and hence the Apple row selection mechanism is not sufficient for navigating to detail screens.
- Moved the blue disclosure button for fields under the field label that it relates to.
This is to support the new layouts that result in multiple fields on the same row having detail navigation requirements.
- Fixed bugs in the inbuilt Calculator.
- Fixed bug in expression evaluator.
- Present a confirmation dialog when requested to close the financial year to inform of what will occur and give the option not to proceed.
- Added search boxes to selection lists.
- Added indexes to selection lists.
- Added the ability to make a copy of a book. (Book Details > Option > Copy Book).
- Improved the user interface on iPhone/iPod and iPad.
- Flattened the menu structure so that tasks are more at hand (less screens to navigate through to get to a task).
- Do not show currency related fields unless a local currency has been defined in Book Details.
- You can now lock a book so that it read only and cannot be modified. This is set in the 'Book Details' screen.
- When a financial year is closed the previous years book is now locked by default to prevent additional changes to the previous years data.
- When a financial year is closed the next years book is named the company name plus the year to differentiate it from previous years.
- Increased exchange rate precision from 5 places to 6 places.
- Fixed the payment terms calculations for business days so that they calculate correctly based on the business days calendar.
- Added the ability to navigate to list items to edit/view their content.
- Change the background color when NOT in edit mode so that it is clear you need to enter edit mode to modify values.
- Allow deleting of line items (sale item, receipt item, etc) even when not editing the record.
Version 1.7 (July 2010 Release):
- Default job can be assigned to an inventory item.
- Create job automatically when an inventory item is selected if the inventory item has a default job assigned.
- Can create pending Sales and pending Purchases.
- Can delete a sale if there is no receipts, refunds, or returns for it.
- Can delete a purchase if there is no payments, refunds, or returns for it.
- Can e-mail quotation based on the pending sale.
- Improved formatting of company address on invoices, quotations, and purchase orders.
- Added @@COMPANY-LONG-ADDRESS-LINE1…6@@ HTML markers for more precise company address control in emailed invoices/quotes/orders.
- Added Inventory Prices screen to allow updating of all inventory prices on one screen.
- Support WebDav host name with a port number defined (e.g. myhost.com:1234)
- Handle WebDav parameters with no path component specified.
- Fixed display of calculator on some iPhone/iPod from reconciliation screen.
- Added Sales Statement report to list sales per customer during a period.
- Added Purchases Statement report to list purchases per supplier during a period.
- Fixed bug causing crash when cancelling Quick Sale with cost to sell item.
- Fixed bug causing crash when cancelling Quick Purchase with cost to buy item.
- Prevent Quick Sale utilising foreign currency inventory items incorrectly.
- Prevent Quick Purchase utilising foreign currency inventory items incorrectly.
- Added Bank Reconciliation report that can be emailed.
- Added About button to main screen for quick access to support information.
- Automatically recalculate each receipt items local amount if the exchange rate for the receipt is updated.
- Fixed bug causing crash when selecting an address on sale when customer does not have an address defined.
- Fixed bug causing crash when selecting an address on purchase when supplier does not have an address defined.
- Added ability to select the Stock code on the Quick Dividend screen.
Version 1.6 (July 2010 Release):
- When selecting a sale for receipt only list the items without a balance.
- When selecting a purchase for payment only list the items with a balance.
- Include Unit of Measures on the Inventory Turnover Statement.
- Removed the pin code from the backup file to improve security.
- Expanded QuickSale / QuickPurchase to allow any expense account not just COGS account.
- Renamed Quick Sale 'Cost Of Sale Account' to 'Expense To Sell Account' to remove confusion over its purpose.
- Renamed Quick Purchase 'Cost Of Purchase Account' to 'Expense To Buy Account' to remove confusion over its purpose.
- Improved speed of customers list showing current balances.
- Improved speed of suppliers list showing current balances.
- Added unit of measure factor to handle unit of measure differences in purchases and sales.
- Incorporated unit of measure factor into Inventory Turnover Statement calculations.
- Fixed bug in Inventory Turnover Statement to remove sales tax component of inventory value.
- Added cost of goods sold and inventory adjustment calculations to Inventory Turnover Statement.
- Added quick navigation buttons on reports screens on iPad.
- Set inventory opening balances correctly when closing a financial year.
- Added quick navigation button to switch quickly to reports on iPad.
- Fixed bug with duplicate account id created when default set of accounts is created.
Version 1.5 (June 2010 Release):
- Fixed bug causing crashes on iOS 4 when pressing Option button or selecting a date to edit.
Version 1.4 (June 2010 Release):
- Multi-currency support, automatically calculate your Forex profit/loss.
- Job tracking to determine the profitability of jobs you perform for clients.
- Record and report on dividend payments.
- Record term deposit details and view the interest payment schedule.
- Receive payment for sales directly on the sales screen.
- Make payment for a purchase directly on the purchases screen.
- Perform calculations in any numeric field. (e.g. 10 * 20% + 50.5)
- Import MYOB chart of accounts.
- Produce customisable invoices and email them.
- Produce customisable purchase orders and email them.
- Customise invoices and purchase orders directly on the iPhone/iPad.
- Export/Import invoice and order templates.
- Upload your company logo for use on invoices and purchase orders.
- Apply unit of measures to sale items and purchase order items.
- Set old accounts as inactive so they do not appear in lists.
- Duplicate existing sales, purchases, and general journal entries to save time.
- Define default currency, tax code, and unit prices for inventory items.
- Apply current exchange rate when receiving payment for foreign currency sales.
- Apply current exchange rate when making payment for foreign currency purchases.
- Manage foreign currency bank accounts.
- Calculate forex profit/loss on transfers between foreign currency bank accounts.
- Record billing and shipping addresses.
- Override billing and shipping addresses per sale/purchase if necessary.
- Record bank details like BSB, account number, account name.
- Record customer details like phone numbers, email address, contact names.
- Record supplier details like phone numbers, email address, contact names.
Version 1.3 (May 2010 Release):
- iPad/iPhone/iPod universal application.
- Transfer your accounts easily between iPad and iPod/iPhone.
- Email backup files.
- Improved workflow (less screens, better layouts).
- Improved Quick Salary, Quick Transfer, Quick Receipt, Quick Payment.
- Separate document directories for each set of accounts.
- Updated all reports to a new format.
- Set a budget for revenue and expenses.
- New expense budget report.
- New consolidated tax statement.
- Fixed several bugs.
Version 1.2 (April 2010 Release):
- Custom business days calendar.
- Export account list to CSV format.
- Export general ledger to CSV format.
- Beta version of export to Caseware format.
- Quick refund for sales and purchases.
- Autocorrect/verify books on opening.
- Improved workflows for quick entry functions.
- Increment account numbers by 10 to give room for new accounts.
- Improved inventory turnover, balance sheet, income statement.
- Allow wipe and restore from the restore screen.
- Two levels of summary accounts for better reports.
- SHAKE to reorganise chart of accounts manually.
- SHAKE to reorganise chart of accounts automatically.
- View the general ledger directly on the iPhone.
- Change application settings from within the app.
- Import static data into a set of accounts.
- Debtors and creditors accounts not required for cash accounting.
- Separated cost of sales accounts and general expense accounts.
- Fixed several bugs.
Version 1.1 (March 2010 Release):
- Multiple date stamped backup files for historical retention.
- Backup and restore to the local iPhone directory.
- Inventory items for sales and purchases.
- Cost of sales accounts.
- Quick purchase including cost to purchase. (e.g. shipping)
- Quick sale including cost of sale. (e.g. brokerage)
- Summary accounts for reporting subtotals.
- Quick entry screens now remember the last quick entry.
- One click on quick entry screens to create new quick entry.
- Employees linked to salaries paid.
- Salary entitlements linked to employees.
- Income tax automatically calculated for salaries paid.
- Income tax tables fully editable.
- Item prices of less than 1 cent.
- Payment terms of zero days. (i.e. immediate payment)
- Financial year start and end dates defined per book.
- Salary reports split by each employee.
- Items can now be accessed without leaving edit mode.
- Inventory report to list inventory purchases and sales.
- Now remembers the last entered value per account to reduce keyboard entry.
Version 1.0 (February 2010 Release):
- Multiple sets of accounts.
- Pin code security on each set of accounts.
- Master pin code in case you forget the pin code for a set of accounts.
- Use a calculator without leaving the application.
- Customise the set of accounts.
- Customise the tax codes.
- Customise the invoice numbers, receipt numbers, etc.
- Use cash or accrual accounting.
- Lock old records from being changed.
- Backup and Restore to any WebDav server (including MobileMe).
- Set a default tax code per account.
- Set default accounts per customer or supplier.
- Enter sales, receipts, sales returns, and sales refunds.
- Enter purchases, payments, purchases returns, and purchases refunds.
- Enter general journal entries.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Quick entry screen for rapid sales and purchases entry.
- Quick entry screen for rapid general journal entries (Quick transfer, Quick receipt, Quick payment, Quick salary).
- Reports including: Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Tax Statement, Wages and Salaries Statement, Sales Tax Summary, Purchases Tax Summary.
- View reports directly on your iPod/iPhone or email them to anyone.
- Remembers the last entered value per customer/supplier to reduce keyboard entry.
- Consistent usage across all functions of the software.